Resarch & Technology Director
Research activities have not been highlighted in the National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC), before 2001, when a Research & Industrial Standards Section, a subsection of the Engineering Directorate, used to be the research administrator but mainly focusing on standardization affairs of the company.
• To institutionalize research activities as a drive to develop the state gas industry;
• To formulate objectives, policies, and strategic plans for promoting research and technology activities of the state gas industry;
• To study on different guidelines so as to access new technologies being applied for qualitatively and quantitatively enhanced research activities;
• To monitor the establishment of research centers of the subsidiary companies and oversee their research activities;
• To develop interactions with universities and research centers in line with conducting the required research studies
• To develop specialized information systems in the state gas industry
Here is the new structure of the Research & Technology Directorate of NIGC:
• Research, Development, and Technology Affairs
• Standardization Affairs
• Post Graduate Education and Academic Communications
• Planning & Projects Control
• Technical & Industrial Research Labs
• Research Information Center
Furthermore, R&T Directorate is mainly responsible to make policies and administer research activities carried out in the subsidiary companies and operational affiliates.